Sabtu, 27 Juni 2015

Front Row, Baby?



… Hello again there…

First of all, because Coco Chanel quote about classy and fabulous fashion thingy is too popular to become a beginning, so I’ll try something different. Well it’s still quote anyway, but it’s different person.

If you ever read Canadian novel Anne of Green Gables, I’m sure you know her. Lucy Maud Montgomery –or usually write as L. M. Montgomery- said on one of her novel, that it is ever so much easier to be good if your clothes are fashionable. 

Well absolutely agree with you, Montgomery! Fashion is more than outfit. It can be fun, and it can be super power serious matter in the other hand, but still fun for sure. It’s why fashion makes me stirred sometimes. Moreover, it’s happened a couple weeks ago.

I’m on my weekday duty. I should write about a fashion show of Dressmaking Education 2011 Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia (UPI) Bandung. This event called Accelefashion. They had a tagline “Step up to the next level”. Yes, they want to give an acceleration on Bandung’s fashion progress through this fashion show.

Honestly I’m not so expert on this fashion thingy. Then as usual, I need to read more the day before. As I know, Accelefashion’s such a final tribute for their Event Organizer class. There’s haute couture section on it, and I’m afraid I’ll be on fashion disaster region if I attend it on my daily-normal-journalist-outfit-with-slipper. So, I act upon the rule. Voila! I had no shock culture, but I got running problem. My running ability’s highly decreasing. I wore long sleeves dress, legging, and wedges. Oh! A hijab too of course. It doesn’t matter anyway.

Like normal human being, journalist can dress up too. They’ll do it if they want. Let’s say there’s nothing wrong with my outfit that day.The only wrong about my coverage this time is my editor. He said the venue’s on Grha Manggala Siliwangi, but surprisingly…the real venue’s at Grha Tirta Siliwangi. Thanks God I brought my slipper, so I didn’t need to walk on my wedges lonely nobly along the road.

Unfortunately I was too late, but fortunately the opening ceremony was too late more than me. I got the right dress code that day, and met awesome people like Medina Zein and Diana DNC. A lot of fashionistas and fashionistos around of course. Oh, Malik Moestaram attended too.

It’s not a huge event, but it’s powerful enough for getting attention from people who concern about fashion in Bandung. There’s red carpet along the corridor. Then also you would hear tap…tap…tap… all the time from boots and high heels far away outside the hall. I felt a little bit weird with my sight, because all the people were wearing black and white. I was wearing turquoise –and black of course- because I obey the rule. Ah, you don’t care about it, do you.

Short in time, it’s quite fun when you realize that there are so much fashion statements you could find in one place at a such event. Why? Because I feel Bandung atmosphere more than usual. It’s not Paris, or Milan, or Japan, but it’s Bandung. It has its own style as fab as its own story.

Anyway, it’s my first time sitting in front row. It’s not so exciting like what I imagined before, but I got enough shots for my next day deadline.

D'cinnamons perform along the break time before haute couture section


Over all, I just realize something that

“It doesn’t matter if you’re journalist or not, taking less care of appearance is a big mistake” 

So please. Being journalist doesn’t mean that it’s ok for wearing T-shirt on a formal ceremony, or it’s okay for wearing ripped jeans on a summit conference. You can still wear it anyway, but in proper occasion. Journalist is still human being. journalist have freedom, but not the one who take liberties.

Tidak ada komentar: